Assistance for Veterans
- Questions about VA Compensation or Pension? Request an Appointment
- Veteran Discount ID Program – https://www.chesco.org/1361/Veterans-ID-Program
- Chester County Recorder of Deeds office provides photo identification cards to Chester County Veterans who record their DD-214 with the office. Veterans who have already recorded their DD-214 may come in to get their photo taken for their Veteran ID Card. Chester County businesses are encouraged to offer our veterans discounts in appreciation of their service to our country. Businesses who participate will be listed on the Recorder of Deeds’ website and promoted through other various means.
- VA Choice Program – https://www.va.gov/COMMUNITYCARE/programs/veterans/VCP/index.asp
- if you are already enrolled in VA health care, Choice allows you to receive care within your own community. Using this program does NOT impact your existing VA benefits or health care.
- Veterans Centers – https://www.chesco.org/4316/Vet-Centers
- help to guide veterans and their families through many of the major adjustments in lifestyle that often occur after returning from combat. All services are free of cost
- Request Military Records – https://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records
- includes DD 214/Separation documents, personnel records, replacement medals and/or medical records
- Other Veterans Resources and Links – https://chesco.org/882/Veterans-Resources
Career and Employment Opportunities
- PA Career Link – Chester County – http://www.pacareerlinkchesco.org/
- PA Department of Military and Veterans Affairs – https://www.dmva.pa.gov/Pages/default.aspx
Federal and State Veteran Benefit Programs, Information, Applications & Forms
- Federal Veterans Administration – https://www.va.gov/
- site offers one place to access all VA benefits and health care services.
- VA Forms – https://www.va.gov/vaforms/
- Department of Military and Veterans Affairs – https://www.dmva.pa.gov/Pages/default.aspx
- Pennsylvania’s Department of Military and Veterans Affairs (DMVA) has a dual mission: to provide quality service to the commonwealth’s veterans and their families, and to oversee and support the members of the Pennsylvania National Guard
- VA Benefits Booklet – https://www.va.gov/opa/publications/benefits_book.asp
- Health Care benefits, Non Health care benefits, Burial and Memorial Benefits and VA Facilities
- Military.com – https://www.military.com/benefits
- VA Suicide Prevention Hotline: 800-273-8255
Veterans Facilities in Chester County
- Coatesville VA Medical Center – https://www.coatesville.va.gov/
- Southeastern VA Medical Center – https://www.dmva.pa.gov/Pages/default.aspx
Points of Interest
- Pennsylvania Veterans Museum – http://paveteransmuseum.org/
- The Pennsylvania Veterans Museum is dedicated to preserving, protecting and promoting the legacy and dignity of all veterans of the United States military. Our focus is to tell the stories of America’s conflicts through the eyes of those who served in them. We seek to tell the untold stories of our history, and to preserve the past so future generations can continue to learn from it.
- World War II Museum – http://www.wwiimemorial.com/
- The World War II Memorial honors the 16 million who served in the armed forces of the U.S., the more than 400,000 who died, and all who supported the war effort from home. Symbolic of the defining event of the 20th Century, the memorial is a monument to the spirit, sacrifice, and commitment of the American people. The Second World War is the only 20th Century event commemorated on the National Mall’s central axis.
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial – http://www.thewall-usa.com/
- The Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall USA website is dedicated to honoring those who died in the Vietnam Warr.
- Philadelphia Vietnam Veterans Memorial – http://www.pvvm.org/
- The Philadelphia Vietnam Veterans Memorial is one of the city’s truly hidden treasures, representing a solemn and fitting testament to the sacrifices of 648 native sons. Located at Spruce and Columbus Blvd at Penn’s Landing, the Memorial is an amphitheater with walls of polished, charcoal grey granite from Minnesota.
- National D-Day Memorial – https://www.dday.org/
- The National D-Day Memorial Foundation’s mission is to preserve the lessons and legacy of D-Day. The Foundation maintains and operates the National D-Day Memorial in direct support of that educational mission.
The Gateway to
- Coatesville, PA