- Chester County Department of Aging – https://www.chesco.org/135/
- The mission of the Chester County Department of Aging Services is to provide home and community based protection, advocacy, and information and assistance services to people aged 60 and over and their families so they can have choices about how they want to live with dignity and respect, lead independent and active lives, and be free from abuse and neglect.
- Chester County Waiver Program – https://www.chesco.org/479/
- The Aging Waiver is a program that provides home and community based long-term care services to individuals as an alternative to nursing home placement. Services are funded through a special federal waiver, which allows Medicaid payments typically used for nursing home care to be used for home care services.
- Social Security – https://www.ssa.gov/
- Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services – https://www.cms.gov/
- We pledge to put patients first in all of our programs – Medicaid, Medicare, and the Health Insurance Exchanges. To do this, we must empower patients to work with their doctors and make health care decisions that are best for them
- COMPASS Health and Human Service Programs – https://www.compass.state.pa.
us/compass.web/ EPProviderSearch/Pgm/EPWEL. aspx?prg=LTH
- Chester County Adult Immunization Schedule – https://chesco.org/2278/Adult-
- Grand Family Support Group – https://www.chesco.org/
DocumentCenter/View/28223/ GrandFamilies-Flyer-Fall-2015? bidId=
- Coatesville Area Senior Center – https://www.
- To provide a welcoming place where people 50 and better can soliaze and enhance their abeility to live fulfiling and healthy lives
- Meals on Wheels of Chester County – https://mowcc.org/
- The purpose of the program is to provide persons who are homebound due to illness, frailty or disability, regardless of age or income, with a hot lunch five days a week. Special diets, i.e., low salt and sugar, chopped or pureed can be provided by most of the chapters.
- Apprise Medicare Counseling – https://www.chesco.org/477/
- APPRISE counselors are specially trained to answer your questions about Medicare and provide you with objective, easy-to-understand information about health insurance. Specifically, APPRISE can answer your questions about Medicare, Medicare Supplemental Insurance, Medicaid, and Long-Term Care Insurance as well the new prescription drug plans.
- Domiciliary Care – https://www.chesco.org/485/
- The Domiciliary Care Program provides a supportive, home-like living arrangement in the community for adults who need assistance to live independently.
- LIFE (Living Independence for the Elderly) – https://www.chesco.org/481/
- LIFE at Home is the local subsidiary of the PACE Model program, PACE as in the Federal Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly, not the PACE prescription program. LIFE at Home became an available service to Chester County residents on July 1, 2007. The program is designed to be a “one-stop shop” for persons to have access to such services all in one location.
- Nursing Home Transition – https://www.chesco.org/484/
- The Nursing Home Transition (NHT) is designed to provide information and assistance to people currently residing in a nursing home so they may make an informed choice about returning to the community.
- Intergenerational Family Caregiver Support – https://www.chesco.org/483/
- This program is specially designed to assist adults age 60 and over who care for children in their homes age 18 and younger.
- Family caregiver Supprt Group – https://www.chesco.org/482/
- Family Caregiver Support Program allows the caregiver the opportunity to manage and control what goods and services will be purchased according to the caregiver’s needs. The goal of the program is to reduce caregiver stress and reinforce the care being provided to older persons at home.
- Nursing Facility Assessments
- The Dept of Aging completes an assessment to determine if the individual needs nursing facility care.
- PDA Waiver Program – https://www.chesco.org/479/
- The PDA Waiver programs targets individuals age 60 or older eligible for nursing home placement to be provided alternative community based in-home services in a home environment setting. Consumers must meet medical and financial eligibility requirements, and choose to receive services in their own home.
- Personal Care Boarding Home Supplement – https://www.chesco.org/488/
- The Department of Aging completes an assessment to determine if the individual needs personal care boarding home level of care.
- Protective Sevices – https://www.chesco.org/486/
- Chester County Department of Aging Services (CCDAS) is mandated to receive and investigate reports of suspected abuse, neglect, exploitation and abandonment of incapacitated Chester County residents aged 60 and older and to provide activities, resources and supports to detect, prevent, reduce and eliminate these conditions.
- LIHEAP – Low income Home Energy Assiatcne Program – http://www.dhs.pa.gov/
citizens/ heatingassistanceliheap/index. htm
- The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) helps families living on low incomes pay their heating bills in the form of a cash grant. Households in immediate danger of being without heat can also qualify for crisis grants.
The Gateway to
- Coatesville, PA