DUE TO THE WINTER WEATHER FORECAST AND THE AMOUNT OF PREDICTED SNOW, A SNOW EMERGENCY HAS BEEN DECLARED WITHIN THE CORPORATE CITY LIMITS OF THE CITY OF COATESVILLE.
THE SNOW EMERGENCY IS EFFECTIVE SUNDAY MARCH 3; 2019 AT 8:00 PM UNTIL MONDAY, MARCH 4, 2019 AT 12:00 PM.
ENFORCEMENT OF PARKING ON THE DESIGNATED STREETS IN THE CITY OF COATESVILLE WILL BEGIN IMMEDIATELY AT 7:00 PM ON MARCH 3, 2019 AND CONTINUE UNTIL MONDAY MARCH 4, 2017 at 12:00 PM.
PARKING IS PROHIBITED ON THE FOLLOWING SNOW EMERGENCY ROUTES:
- Lincoln Highway, from bridge to bridge (both north and south sides).
- Strode Avenue, from Lincoln Highway to southern City Line (both east and west sides).
- Pennsylvania Avenue (west side only).
- Chestnut Street (south side only).
- Oak Street, from First Avenue to Eighth Avenue (south side only).
- Charles Street, from Church Street to western City Line (south side only).
- Third Avenue, from Oak Street to Coates Street (West Side Only)
PARKING IS AVAILABLE AT THE FOLLOWING PUBLIC LOTS:
Patton Park 700 East Lincoln Highway
City Hall Lots at 3rd Avenue & Harmony Street
Maple Avenue & 3rd Avenue 300 East Lincoln Highway S/E Corner Lot
In consideration of the expected heavy snowfall starting at 8:00 pm Monday evening. Holy Trinity, Tabernacle Church and 2nd Baptist Church and Masjid-Ar-Rahman have agreed to allow residents to utilize their parking lots to allow the City to effectively plow Coates Street and Chestnut Street. Residents are urged to move their vehicles at that time to allow plowing and salting to be completed.
SNOW DECLARATION JANUARY 21, 2016
Michael T. Trio, City Manager
City of Coatesville, Pennsylvania