Electronic bids for the below listed Contracts will be received by the Department for the Coatesville Train Station project at 3:00 pm on September 16, 2021. Submit properly completed bids for the Department construction work in the electronic bidding format via ECMS. Bidders must include their Registered Business Partner Identification Number. Bidders (Prime Contractors) do not need to be prequalified for this Project, but do need to be PennDOT approved business partner. However, due to the nature of the work, all asphalt paving on the Project is to be performed by a PennDOT contractor/subcontractor with prequalification codes E and F in accordance with Publication 408/2020, Section 102.01(a). In order to access electronic data files made available in the bid package, potential bidders must sign a one-time legal agreement in ECMS to acknowledge the information being provided is for information purposes only.
All subcontractor request submissions need to include a description of work to be performed by the subcontractor.
To view the electronic data files for the bid packages, go to http://www.ecms.penndot.gov/ECMS/ and
type in the ECMS number accordingly as shown below.
• Contract No. 01 – General Trades Construction (Advertisement July 13, 2021); ECMS # 115491
• Contract No. 02 – HVAC Construction (Advertisement July 29, 2021); ECMS # 115890
• Contract No. 03 – Plumbing Construction (Advertisement July 29, 2021); ECMS # 115888
• Contract No. 04 – Electrical Construction (Advertisement July 29, 2021); ECMS # 115889
This project consists of the construction of two stair/elevator towers, one each on either side of the railroad tracks, high level boarding platforms, site improvements, the transformation of the 4th Avenue vehicular underpass into a pedestrian only walkway, a new surface parking lot, rehabilitation of Coates Street and the realignment and redevelopment of Fleetwood Street between 3rd and 4th Avenues.
Contractors and subcontractors will be required to comply with all applicable Buy America, Nondiscrimination, Non-Collusion, Lobbying, Debarment and Contractor Integrity laws and regulations.
The Department solicits and encourages disadvantaged business enterprise participation. DBEs shall be afforded full consideration of their response and will not be subject to discrimination. A DBE goal has
been set for each Contract as follows:
• Contract No. 01 – General Trades Construction – 8%
• Contract No. 02 – HVAC Construction – 0%
• Contract No. 03 – Plumbing Construction – 0%
• Contract No. 04 – Electrical Construction – 1%