The City’s Administration and City Council have been working to transform ideas planted more than ten years ago into sustainable building blocks designed to help revitalize and reImagine Coatesville. Home to the only Opportunity Zone in Chester County, Coatesville has all the trappings of success for start-ups and second-stage companies. Over the next five years, the City of Coatesville will become actively engaged in more than 17 development projects and city improvements. The City’s vibrant energy has touched all demographics, residents, and neighbors anticipating a new vision for a strong future.
According to a DATA USA, 2019 census snapshot, the City has realized a 9.42% decline in our poverty rate, and Coatesville’s Earned Income Tax collection grew to 7.6% in 2020 from 7.1% in 2019, indicating a growing workforce. Median household incomes and property value continue to rise by 14.4% and 4.84% respectively from 2018. The City is also experiencing a rise in home values/assessment trends.
Current projects in queue:
- $65 million Train and Commuter Station Project
- $45+ million National Sports and Entertainment Center
- 30/82 Realignment Completed – Improving traffic and providing a pedestrian walkway
- Abdala Park – Featuring Outdoor Fitness Center
- Approximately 100,000 square feet of available retail and commercial space (realized over 5 years)
- New Grocery Store – Downtown District
- Job creation – Over 100 New Jobs from Hiring Events
- New Restaurants and Entertainment Venues
- Palmer Park- Phase II Improvements
- Patton Park Improvements
- Planned Commercial and Retail Space
- Streetscape Improvements
- Third Avenue Train Station Interior Improvements
The City will continue to provide timely updates as these projects unfold.