Council Meetings are held the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month. (Only one meeting on 2nd Monday of the month in July and December) Special meetings may also be called as needed. Agendas are posted prior to each meeting. Should a meeting fall on a Holiday, the meeting will be held the following day.
Upcoming Regular Meeting Agenda
The agenda for the next regular council meeting is posted below. (DUE TO TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES THE AGENDA IS NOT A LINK)
CITY COUNCIL MEETING
May 23, 2016
CITY OF COATESVILLE COATESVILLE CITY HALL
Executive Session 6:00 p.m.
Salute to the Flag
Call to Order 7:30 p.m.
An Executive Session was held earlier this evening May 23, 2016 to discuss personnel and legal matters.
- Approval of Minutes
- May 9, 2016
- Approval of Accounts Payable
- Regular Action Items
- Citizens’ Hearings – Regular Action Items Only (3 Minutes)
- PFM Management
- Additions, Deletions or Modifications to the Agenda
- Regular Action Items
- Receive and consider Bank loan proposals
- Receive and consider First Reading and Ordinance authorizing and directing the incurring of non-electoral debt through the issuance of its general obligation note of the City of Coatesville, Chester County, Pennsylvania, in the aggregate principal amount of up to $3,911,000 for the purposes of providing funds for (1) Capital Renovations and improvements for the purpose of reducing energy use for city facilities; (2) Renovations and additions to Coatesville City Hall; and (3) paying the costs of issuing the note; directing the proper officers of the governing body to prepare, certify and file the required debt statement and borrowing base certificate; covenanting that the City shall include the amount of annual debt service in its budget for each fiscal year; setting forth the substantial form of the note; setting forth the stated principal and interest payment dates, redemption provisions, place of payment and other details of the note; stating a covenant as to payment of principal and interest without deduction for certain taxes; providing for the execution of the note; awarding the note at private sale and stating that such private sales is in the best financial interest of the City; appointing a paying agent and sinking fund depositary; establishing a sinking fund; Authorizing and directing the proper officers of the City to certify and to file with the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development certified copies of the necessary proceedings; covenanting that the proceeds of the note shall not be used in such a manner as to cause the note to be an arbitrage bond under federal tax law provisions; making certain tax representations and designating the note as a “Qualified Tax-Exempt Obligation”; authorizing and directing the proper officers of the City to do all things necessary to carry out the ordinance; authorizing and directing the proper officers of the governing body to pay issuance costs; and repealing all inconsistent ordinances.
- Receive and consider Second Reading and Adopting an Ordinance entering into a ten year lease with the County of Chester to rent a 3600 square foot District Court to be located in City Hall (as renovated)) for $21.50 per square foot ($6,450.00 per month with 2% per annum increases) and other terms and conditions substantially similar to those in the lease agreement
- Receive and consider First Reading an Ordinance to establish a “Mixed Use Development Overlay Zoning District on areas within the Amtrak Right-of-Way and areas to the South of the rail tracks to Harmony Street, including areas East of First Avenue and West Fifth avenue, and including areas North of Kersey Avenue West of Fourth Avenue and including “the Flats” Redevelopment area North of the Lincoln Highway West of First Avenue”
- Receive and consider proposal for Fireworks on July 16, 2016.
- Discussion Item
- Solicitors Report
- City Manager’s Report
- Citizens’ Hearings – Non-Agenda Items Only (3 Minutes)
- Special Events
- Council Comments
Upcoming Special Meeting Agenda