Local Access Information
The City of Coatesville has committed funds to the utilization of Channel 66 of the Comcast Cable Network and Channel 20 of the FiOS service to be utilized as a public information channel. Any organization or public event being held or sponsored by an agency within the Coatesville Area School District can submit a request form to have an ad placed on these local access channels.
The [pdf] Cable Channel Request Form is available on this website or at the reception desk at City Hall. Once your form has submitted to the Cable Channel administrators, it will be reviewed before being posted on the television.
Policy on Coatesville Area School District Public Access Channel
To place an announcement on the Public Access Channel follow these guidelines.
- Request for announcement form must be filled out noting the following information:
- Organization requesting the announcement
- The message to be displayed
- The start and end dates for the announcement
- The announcements must be submitted five (5) days prior to the start date. Should the request be submitted with less than 5 days’ notice, approval must be obtained from the City Manager.
- All announcements will have a maximum air time of 60 days. In cases where the ad is to be aired for more than 60 days, then a second request must be submitted to extend the time.
Contents of the announcements should fall into one of these categories:
- Government information; e.g., events or meetings.
- Non-Profit organization events
- Community events
- Organization fund raisers
Taped programs may also be requested for broadcast. They should fall into one of the following categories.
- Special event
- Community event
- Informational government program