Assistant City Manager
Coatesville Assistant City Manager
The Assistant City Manager, as an executive management position, will plan, organize and direct the affairs of the City, provide leadership and consultation to staff, read and interpret regulations and ordinances; implement policies, exercise independent judgment, analyze problems and recommend solutions, and maintain an effective working relationship with representatives of public and private agencies, members of the public and City Council.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Develop programs, policies and plans related to all facets of City government.
- Assist the City Manager in coordinating municipal and interdepartmental operations.
- Conduct administrative and special studies to resolve operational problems.
- Assist in budget preparation and administration.
- Coordinate risk management programs.
- Liaison activities with citizen advisory committees and other public agencies.
- Provide public information and education.
- Assist in city-wide policy formation and interpretation.
- Manage intergovernmental relationships with other municipalities.
- Provide analysis and recommendations with respect to federal and state legislation and regulations.
- Prepare reports and recommendations for City Council review and action.
- Respond to public inquiries on a variety of subjects.
- Participate in labor relation issues.
- Develop, plan and facilitate meetings between Council, staff and state, regional and national elected officials.
- Participate in various committees and serves as a City representative in variety of regional and state forums.
- Represent the City by attending ceremonial activities.
- Serve as the Acting City Manager in his absence.
Cable Access Channel 66
This responsibility oversees all correspondence and activities that are entered into the City-owned public access channel.